This pretty cup, made of Limoges porcelain, is directly inspired by one from Marie-Antoinette's travel kit.
The travel kit belonging to Marie-Antoinette, a big rectangular chest in veined mahogany, the corners and hinges in gilt brass, contained a dressing set, desk accessories, a sewing kit, glasses and bottles in cut crystal, as well as silver and porcelain tableware.
This porcelain service, with the "M.A." monogram surrounded by a pattern of small flowers and rose garlands, came from the Manufacture de la Reine, located in Rue Thiroux in Paris.
Starting in 1770, a large number of porcelain factories were set up in the capital. In order to avoid royal privileges that banned production outside the royal factories like Sèvres and Vincennes, and in order to get the right to produce, factories placed themselves under the protection of eminent figures such as the Count of Provence, the Count of Artois and the Duke of Orleans, among others.
Thus, from 1776 on, Marie-Antoinette protected André Marie Leboeuf, whose premises were in Rue Thiroux, which later became known as the Manufacture de la Reine, the Queen's Factory.