News from the museum
Musée de l’Orangerie
Welcome to the online Store
Since 1984, the Museum in the Orangery of the Tuileries gardens has housed the Jean Walter and Paul Guillaume collection, which was sold to the State on very generous terms. The collection numbers 144 paintings from the late nineteenth century and the first half of the twentieth century (by Cézanne, Renoir, Matisse, Picasso, Derain, Soutine, Modigliani, Utrillo, Henri Rousseau … ).
The collection joined the eight immense Water Lilies that Monet gave France in 1922 and which have been displayed since 1927 in two huge oval rooms purpose-built on the artists’ instructions.