This series by ARTE takes us to the heart of the so-called "first arts" and introduces us to major works from Africa, Oceania, South America or Asia. By telling the myth animates each of these works and by giving us the insight into its creation, its uses and its history, each film reveals the believes of a people, another vision of the world.
- White Kapayo headdress - Amazon
- Mongolian horse-head fiddle- Mongolia
- Dogon heddle pulley - Mali
- Maori pendant - New Zeland
- Fang reliquary head - Gabon
- Effigy from the Marquisas Islands