Laser Model Orsay Museum - Ivory
From Orléans station (1900) to the Musée d'Orsay (1986)
Built for the 1900 Universal Exhibition, Orsay station was designed by French architect Victor Laloux. The building combines the new materials of the century with the styles of earlier periods such as Roman antiquity and the 18th century.
It ceased to be a station after 1950, threatened for a time with demolition. In 1986, the rehabilitation of the museum was carried out by the ATC architecture agency and by the Italian architect and designer Gae Aulenti for the interior volumes.
With nearly 3 million visitors each year, the Musée d'Orsay now houses the largest collection of works from 1848 to 1914.