Mousepad Madrid Prado
This notebook is part of the Prado Madrid Collection, an imaginary journey through the Madrid del Prado, through those places related to the Museum's collection and architecture.
Since its founding in 1819, the Prado Museum has attracted the most sensitive and refined art lovers to Madrid. It opened its doors in the neoclassical building designed by Juan de Villanueva, and already in the 21st century it inaugurated the most important extension in its history, incorporating a new wing built over the cloister of the neighboring Jerónimos Church and designed by the historic building. architect Rafael Moneo.
On this imaginary trip we visit the Prado Campus, made up of the historic building by Juan de Villanueva (1785), the extension by Rafael Moneo (2007) and the Casón del Buen Retiro, by Alonso Carbonel (1637). The route connects with other buildings designed by Villanueva (the Royal Observatory of Madrid and the Villanueva Pavilion of the Royal Botanical Garden) and with buildings whose collections are linked artistically and historically to the Prado Collection: the Royal Palace of Madrid, the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando and the Hermitage of San Antonio de la Florida.
© Museo del Prado