The Magnin museum is housed in the hotel de Lantin, one of the most
beautiful mansions of the seventeenth century in Dijon. It owes its existence
to two passionate collectors: Jeanne and Maurice Magnin who gathered a
remarkable collection of paintings, drawings and objects which they donated to
the State in 1938. According to their wishes, the museum kept its homy spirit. It
presents works by the Italian school, northern schools and the French school,
from the end of the 16th century to the middle of the 19th century.