The abbey of Port-Royal, now in ruins, was founded in 1204 and then razed to the ground in 1712. A few buildings remain. Most of today's buildings date from the 19th century. A museum was inaugurated in 1962 and the estate grew in 1983 with the farm, then in 2004 with the ruins of the abbey.
The collections trace the history of the abbey of Port-Royal des Champs and Jansenism around paintings, engravings, drawings or writings. The most important pieces are paintings or drawings by Philippe de Champaigne and Jean Restout.