The Eugène-Delacroix museum occupies, in the heart of
the Saint-Germain-des-Prés district, the workshop, the garden and a part of the
apartment where the painter moved in 1857 to get closer to the Saint-Sulpice
church which one had just confided to him the decoration of the chapel of the
Saints-Angels. It was there that he lived the last six years of his life. In an
intimate setting, the recently renovated museum presents a selection of
paintings, watercolors, pastels, sketches, preparatory studies of the master,
as well as letters and photographs of his entourage.